RECENT POSTS: 2017 – LIVE FEED NEWS : Please note : Updates on Thursdays 05:00
- Parents are reminded of the General Year meeting taking place on 31 October 2017 at 18:30 in the school hall. The budget and the school fees for 2018 will be approved during this meeting. The budget will be available from 17 October for viewing at the school’s reception.
Cricket 3rd team vs Oos-Moot
- Overkruin wins by 5 wickets.
- Best bowler: Jaco Pittendrigh 4 wickets for 24 runs.
- Best batter: Jaco Henning 36 runs not out
u/17 Sevens rugby at Warthogg Inn:
- Draw 21-21 vs HTS Witbank
- Lose 34-0 vs HTS Welkom
- Lose 19-10 vs Allen Glen
- Lose 19-10 vs Cobras (Club team)
- Win 19-14 vs Reitz
- Lose in plate final 24-10 vs Cobras.
- Ends 6th in the tournament
Softball Tshwane Cup
- u/16 vs AHMP Win 15-2
- Batter: Mekaela Pelzer; Fielder: Chante Kennedy
- u/14 Baby badgers vs Zwartkop Lose 5-7
- Batter: Monique Benson; Fielder: Martine Degenaar
- Tshwane plate u/15 vs Eldoraigne Win 16-5
- Batter: Denike Greeff; Fielder: Francelle Powroznik
Cricket u/15 vs Wonderboom
- Wonderboom hits 62 runs all out.
- Overkruin hits 64/3 and wins the match by 7 wickets.
- Best bowler: Julian Otto 4 wickets for 4 runs in 4 overs.
- Best batters: Julian Otto 25 runs not out; Deon Senekal 22 runs not out
- [08:06, 9/12/2017] PAWESKA, M: Cricket result: Overkruin u/14 vs Wonderboom
- Ovies u/14 hits 154 all out in 36 overs.
- Wonderboom hits 157/6 in 31.1 overs.
- Wonderboom wins by 4 wickets
- Congratulations to: Carla de Bruyn 92% (Afr).
- Alexi Esterhuizen 91% (Afr) en 92% (Eng).
- Gerhard Ebersohn 87% (Afr)
Ovie of the month August
- Hendré and Henrico Greyling
- Eskom Gauteng North Science Expo – gold medal. Best project in Technology and Innovation Gr.10-12. They go through to the National Expo.
Cricket 1st team vs Hartbeespoort
- Overkruin bats first and hits a total of 218 runs all out in 42.5 overs.
- Hartbeespoort bats second and hits 219 runs for 9 wickets in 45.4 overs.
- Hartbeespoort wins by 1 wicket.
- Best batter: Christiaan van Onselen 55 runs.
- Best bowler: Deon-Tiaan Frouws 5 wickets for 31 runs in 10 overs
- Ryan Nicholson danced “Regionals” in 7 items and received a special award for synchronisation in a Spanish duet (95% A++).
- He also received SA colours in 6 items.
- Congratulations to Melissa Venter who obtained a bronze medal at the Gauteng Inter-provincial competition.
- Stephanie Stander, Gr.11, participated at the KPC Spring Festival in Kyalami on Sunday 3 September. She completed the Junior Elementary test 5 and test 6 and received first places in both of these tests.
Lockers: Rates for 2018
- Large R280
- Small R230
- Lockers can be booked and paid for from 16 Oct (Gr.11) and 18 Oct (Gr.7- 10).
Result: Cricket u/15 vs Eldoraigne
- Overkruin u/15 bowls Eldoraigne all out for a mere 140 runs in 25.3 overs.
- Overkuin hits 144 runs for 4 wickets in 19.4 overs.
- Overkruin wins by 6 wickets.
- Best bowler: Donovan Smit 4 wickets for 14 runs.
- Best batter: Wilhelm Dempers 40 runs not out.
- Congratulations to the u/16 team that is crowned as league winner.
- The u/16 and u/14 (baby badgers) teams qualify for the Tshwane Cup.
- Congratulations and good luck!
Soccer results vs Amandasig
- u/15 win 4-2
- Man of the match: Tshimilogo Mamakoko
- 1st team win 2-1
- Man of the match: Kevin Scheepers
Cricket result: Overkruin u/14 vs Eldoraigne
- Eldoraigne hits 182 runs all out in 32.4 overs.
- Overkruin u/14 hits 161 runs all out in 42 overs.
- Eldoraigne wins by 21 runs.
- Best batter: Duan Haines 35 runs.
- Best bowler: Jason du Plooy 4 wickets for 48 runs in 10 overs
Softball vs Brits
- 1st team Win 7-2
- Batter: Erin Hughes; Fielder: Nushka de Beer
- u/16 win 13-0
- Batter: Mekaela Pelzer; Fielder: Chante Kennedy
- u/15 Win 14-9
- Batter: Chanel Viljoen Fielder: Bianca Engelbrecht
- u/14 Baby badgers Win 10-6
- Batter: Menésha Marx Fielder: Micke Spreeth
Golf result: 28 August
- The first team win against Waterkloof
- The third team draws against Curro Hazeldean
Cricket 3rd team vs Hendrik Verwoerd
- Overkruin bats first and hits 172/10 in 19 overs. Hendrik Verwoerd hits 123/7 in 20 overs.
- Overkruin wins by 49 runs.
- Result: Cricket 1st team vs Sutherland
- Overkruin bats first and reaches a score of 232 all out in 39.4 overs.
- Sutherland reaches 184 runs for 10wickets in 47.2 overs.
- Overkruin win by 48 runs.
- Best batter: Johnathan Otto with 85 runs
- Best bowler: Adriaan Booysen with 3 wickets for 8 runs in 5.2 overs
Softball vs Tuine
- 1st team Win 14-3
- Batter: Samantha Vorster Fielder: Tanya du Plessis
- u/16 vs Tuine Win 11-2
- Batter: Nushka de Beer Fielder: Chante Kennedy
- u/15 Lose 6-16
- Batter: Francelle Powroznik, Fielder: Denike Greeff
- u/14 Baby badgers Lose 7-9
- Batter: Menésha Marx Fielder: Viëtte du Plessis
Softball vs Montana
- 1st team Lose 2-10
- Batter: Bianca Dempers Fielder: Bianca Dempers
- u/16 Win 19-5
- Batter: Carla van Heerden Fielder: Erin Hughes
- u/15 Lose 9-16
- Batter: Carla Vorster Fielder: Chanel Viljoen
- u/14 Baby badgers Win 6-1
- Batter: Monique Benson Fielder: Menesha Marx & Jeanine Kennedy
Cricket u/15 vs Montana:
- Montana hits 185 runs all out in 40 overs.
- Overkruin hits 186 runs for 2 wickets in 34 overs.
- Overkruin wins by 8 wickets.
- Best batter: Wilhelm Dempers 73 runs not out.
- Best bowler: Zander Collins 5 wickets for 35 runs in 9 overs
Soccer results vs Akasia
- u/15 lose 4-2, Man of the match: Thato Yedwa
- 1st team lose 3-1, Man of the match: Scelo Nkosi
MOUNTAIN-BIKE TOUR DE WONDER:
- 15 Ovies compete against 870 other riders from 63 schools.
- Congratulations to the following outstanding achievements.
- Tian Henken 11th out of 147
- Evan Prinsloo 11th out of 97
- Sheldon van Greunen 27th out of 135
- Danie Steyn 29th out of 135
- Runé du Plessis 7th out of 31.
Ovie of the month – July
- Nushka de Beer
- Softball – Represents SA in the u/19 span. She is the youngest player in the team.
Gauteng North Science Expo:
- Brendan Jacobs and Adriaan Booysen – Award for participation.
- Neo de Villiers and Corné Prinsloo – Bronze medal
- Sammy Ngoveni – Bronze medal
- Ruan van Jaarsveld – Bronze medal
- Bianca Engelbrecht – Silver medal
- Ricardo de Wet – Silver medal
- Tarien Janse van Rensburg – Silver medal
- Adriaan Kurtz and Maryke Schoeman – Silver medal
- Anzél Symons and Marno Swanepoel – Silver medal
- Henrico Greyling and Hendré Greyling made Overkruin proud by winning a gold medal. They go through not only to the National Expo, but also receive the prize for the best project in Technology and Innovation for Gr.10-12.
Result: First cricket team vs Akasia
- Akasia is bowled out for 92 runs in 36 overs.
- Overkruin hit 93 runs with 1 wicket in 9 overs.
- Overkruin wins by 9 wickets.
- Best batter: Adriaan Booysen 38 runs not out.
- Best bowler: Julian Otto with 4 wickets for 32 runs
Softball vs Pretoria Noord
- 1st team, Lose 0-14
- Batter: Chanel Viljoen, Fielder: Daphne Perez
- 16 win 12-1
- Batter: Mekaela Pelser, Fielder: Erin Hughes en Nushka de Beer
- 15 Lose 2-24
- Batter: Chanel Viljoen, Fielder: Francelle Powroznik
- 14 baby badgers Win 9-3
- Batter: Monique Benson, Fielder: Monique Benson
CHOIR CLOSING FUNCTION
- The new choir committee was announced at the choir’s gala closing function on 17 August:
- Jonathan de Waal, Chedine Erasmus (voorsitter), Brian Green, Brendan Jacobs, Herman Lemke. Congratulations!
Dear Matric Parent (27/7)
- The annual 40 Days Event takes place this evening. The school considers this to be a monstrosity. We do, however, realise that the learners still do take the day off. Therefore we have the following conditions in place.
- 40 Days Conditions:
- Date: Friday, 28 July 2017
- Arrangements: Gr. 12 learners take the day off, accepting full responsibility for their actions.
- No gr. 12 learner is allowed at the school, unless he/she has made an arrangement with the Grade 12 Head, Mrs Van Lingen.
- The SAPS, CPF and Metro Police are informed of this event.
- Ensure that you as parent know exactly what your child will do and where he/she will be.
- Learners who took today off must submit a doctor’s certificate. Without this evidence his/her matric farewell attendance will be reconsidered and no testimonial will be issued to him/her.
- All arrangements regarding this event were discussed with the learners yesterday morning.
We appreciate your support.
Ovie of the month – June (27/7)
- Stephane Ndjaya
RUGBY: Selected for the Blue Bulls Academy team. Wins the final against Western Province